Policy and Procedures
Little Milky Way provides services in clients home or hospital of choice.
Average Length of Initial Visit: 1.5- 2 hours
Average Length of Follow Up Visit: 11- 1.5 hr
Average Length of any other visit type: 1hr
Regular Business Hours: 9:30 am- 5pm
Little Milky Way provides all clients with a Consent for Care. This form will be provided to the client when scheduling the visit and must be signed before services are rendered. Client has the right to refuse any treatment or intervention offered to you, and this refusal will be documented in your chart.
Consent is verbally requested before touching client or client’s minor child. Client may withdraw consent to be touched even if consent was previously given verbally or in writing. Withdrawal of consent will be documented.
Little Milky Way uses a Tanita scale to weigh the client’s baby before and after feedings. The scale will be cleaned before use. The scale was last calibrated on 10/9/2020 by Danice Miranda. The scale will be covered with baby’s blanket or one will be provided.
● The initial weight will be taken naked.
● The baby will wear a diaper while being weighed for a weighted feed, and will be wearing the same diaper if a post-feed weight is taken.
● If baby is wearing a cloth diaper, family will be requested to use a disposable diaper for the weighted feed.
Little Milky Way may recommend the use of certain products. Products may be purchased from retail of choice. Little Milky Way is not an affiliate with any third party.
Little Milky Way may refer clients to other professionals for continued care. Little Milky Way does not accept fees for these referrals.
Client visits will be canceled in the event of provider illness or personal emergency and rescheduling is not guaranteed. In the event of cancellation for illness or personal emergency, clients will be notified by their preferred method as provided during intake.
If Little Milky Way is not available due to scheduling constraints, vacation, or illness:
● New appointment requests will be referred to another IBCLC.
● Best efforts will be made to notify active clients of any planned closures.
● Best efforts will be made to respond to urgent messages from active clients during vacation or planned closure. Danice Miranda reserves the right to assess the urgency of a client message.
● Little Milky Way will not respond to messages from current clients during illness, or personal emergency.
● Little Milky Way is not obligated to inform clients or potential clients of unavailability due to vacation, planned closure, illness, or emergency.
● Little Milky Way has a backup arrangement with Aliza Sternberg from Latch on to Me and Amy Leavy from Nourishing Littles.
After entering the client’s home and after using the bathroom.
If electronic devices are used:
Screens and keyboards will be cleaned at the start of every visit.
Latex-free gloves are worn:
For the duration of the visit, when examining an infant and when touching a mother.
Fee for Service Payment Policies
Little Milky Way accepts payments at the time of booking or when services are provided. There is a $50 deposit at the time of booking. This deposit is applied to the fee for the visit. This deposit is non-refundable within 24 hours of the visit time. All services are non-refundable.
A surcharge of $25 will be applied to home visits outside my service area.
A surcharge of $50 will be applied if you have twins or higher order multiples to cover the extra length of the visit.
These surcharges are not eligible for insurance reimbursement.
● Surcharge for Twins $50
● Surcharge for Travel Outside Service Area $25
○ Personal Check payable to Little Milky Way
○ Credit Card processed through PCI-compliant processor::
Little Milky Way is in network with the following insurance companies:
Anthem BCBS PPO
All other insurance companies are out of network and a superbill will be provided to send to insurance companies.
If Little Milky Way will not be on time for a scheduled visit, an attempt to communicate an updated arrival time by phone or by secured message.
Client may grant consent for others to be present during the visit. These names must be provided to Lactation Consultant in advance and will be collected as part of the Consent for Care.
Little Milky Way will ask client consent for any intern, student, or assistant to attend lactation visits.
Little Milky Way offers telemedicine services through Google and Zoom..
● Telemedicine is available to established clients and new clients.
● Payment is due at the time of service and are non-refundable.
● Telemedicine services are not eligible for insurance reimbursement
Payment method: -
Personal Check payable to Little Milky Way
Credit Card processed through PCI-compliant processor (choose what applies):
Visit duration: 1 hr
Follow up policy: The telemedicine visit fee includes 1 week of follow up support by Little Milky Way.
● Little Milky Way schedules clients through phone, text, and email as well as an online scheduling through out website (www.littlemilkyway.com)
Little Milky Way reserves the right to reschedule or cancel appointments for any reason. An appointment confirmation will be sent
If client cancels the visit for any reason less than 24 hours in advance, a $50 fee will be charged to the credit card on file.
If Little Milky Way must cancel an appointment for any reason, no charges to the client will apply. Little Milky Way reserves the right to cancel appointments for any reason without notice.
Phone, Email, and Text Services
When a phone call, email, and/or text comes in from a prospective client, my policy is to:
● Call back, text message or email within 24 hours
● I will not provide clinical support or counseling to prospective clients
Little Milky Way provides secure messaging to established clients through Google Voice.
Secure messages will be replied to within 24 hours or as quickly as possible.
Social Media Communications
Little Milky Way or Members of Little Milky Way may maintain private social media accounts for personal use. Connection or direct message requests made by clients through these platforms will not be accepted.
Little Milky Way maintains public social media accounts for marketing purposes on the following platforms: Facebook and Instagram. All photos appear by express permission of the owner of the photo and all persons appearing in the photo. No client photos or videos will be published without express written consent. Clients and/or their minor children will not be named in posts on social media without express written consent.
Little Milky Way will not provide direct clinical support or counseling or advice on any social media platform, either public or private. Public accounts are for marketing purposes only to offer general information.
Social Media Policies for Little Milky Way are posted on all public social media channels.
Website Terms and Conditions are publicly posted on the website for Little Milky Way.
Contact form entries are stored
On a desktop/laptop computer not connected to the cloud
Little Milky Way abides by all applicable federal, provincial, state, and local regulations regarding copyright. No text, image, or graphic content will appear without the express permission of the copyright or trademark holder.
Record Retention Policies
Little Milky Way is subject to the record retention laws of New Jersey and is required to keep client records until 7 years.
Clients may request a copy of their chart or that of their minor child at any point during the record retention period. Request must be made in writing to the listed address for Little Milky Way. Receipt of the request will be acknowledged by Little Milky Way and records will be mailed within 30 days of acknowledgement of the request.
Little Milky Way provides records for free within 6 months of the last in-person visit; after this period, a fee of $25 will be charged and must be paid in advance.
Client files are kept in a locked storage filing cabinet located at 44 Columbine road, Paramus, NJ 07652: The following people have access to locked client files: Danice Miranda. Physical records are shredded before disposal. Client files are put away at the conclusion of the visit.
Compliance with Privacy Regulations
Little Milky Way is in compliance with all applicable federal and provincial/state regulations with respect to the use of technology for healthcare.
All devices used for client care will be secured by a passcode and/or biometric identification.
The following person has access to the passcode in case of emergency: Danice Miranda
James Miranda (Husband)
Little Milky Way uses G-Suite for client care. The following safeguards are in place: Password protection
Little Milky Way will not use any free cloud-based services for client communication or file storage.
Email services and document storage are provided through:
● G-Suite . These services have provided a Business Associates Agreement
*Phone services are provided through:
● Secure VoIP platform by Google Voice
Website Terms and Conditions are posted publicly on the website for Little Milky Way.
The Website Terms & Conditions are publicly posted on the website for Little Milky Way
Little Milky Way actively pursues continuing education related to lactation management, infant and child development, parental wellness, communication skills and cultural competence.
● Little Milky Way accepts gifts from clients when services are concluded.
● Little Milky Way refuses or destroys any and all donations, gifts, samples, or services from any company or subsidiary company not in compliance with the WHO Code of the Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes.
● The policy of Little Milky Way is to purchase all necessary supplies at retail and/or wholesale if appropriate.
● I have a policy to accept offers of water and/or coffee from clients.
● I may bring my own water in with me and may ask to refill my water.
● I may bring in my own coffee.
● I will remove my shoes on request.
● I may request to use the bathroom in a client’s home
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.